As a Production Engineer at PXGEO, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient and effective production and repair of our ocean bottom node (OBN) products. Your tasks will range from testing of electronics and systems to following up suppliers and subcontractors.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize manufacturing processes, improve product quality, and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Liaise with supply chain in sourcing of electronic components, production of mechanical parts and subassemblies for the OBN units.
- Manage the logistics of incoming parts and outgoing OBN units.
- Follow up OBN assembly with regards to deviation management and FAT.
- Testing and troubleshooting of OBN units, both on board level and system level.
- Participate in root cause analysis investigations and implementing corrective and preventive actions to resolve production issues and production related issues experienced in the field.
- Manage repair of OBN units shipped back from the field.
- Develop production plans and budgets.
- Overseeing the production of node products and ensuring adherence to quality standards and production schedules.
- Identifying areas for process improvement and implementing solutions to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Collaborating with design and engineering teams to translate product designs into production processes.
- Developing and implementing production plans, including resource allocation and production schedules.
- Monitoring and analyzing production metrics to identify bottlenecks or areas of improvement.
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in Electronics or a related field.
- Minimum three years of relevant experience after graduation.
- Hands-on experience in testing of electronic circuits and systems.
- Experience as production engineer or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and production optimization techniques is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in an organized and meticulous manner. Attention to details.
- Proficient in both Swedish and English languages.